- Professional coaching builds capacity by building relationships, identifying strengths and supporting changes. Coaching focuses on using intentional questions and listening strategies to promote growth in individuals, classrooms, buildings, and districts.
Lipton, L. & Wellman, B. Mentoring Matters: A Practical Guide to Learning-Focused Relationships, 2nd Ed. (2003) Sherman, CT: Mira Via.
- There's a difference between coaching and mentoring, but many of the skills are the same. This guide offers structures, strategies and tools for developing expertise in teaching. Tips for maximizing time and attention, an extensive resource section, and black line masters to support developmental interactions make this book a good reference for mentors.
- Tackling Problems: June 2017
- Who Will You Be Coaching: July 2017
- Three Most Important Things: August 2017
Coaching Conversation to support State of Mind: Efficacy
- Video model of conversation that validates participant efficacy, changing the state of mind.
Reflection for Coaching Conversations
- Guide for reflection following coaching conversations; can be used for self-reflection or for all participants to reflect as a group.