Kansas Technical Assistance System Network (TASN)
provides technical assistance to support school districts’
systematic implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Professional coaching builds capacity by building relationships, identifying strengths and supporting changes. Coaching focuses on using intentional questions and listening strategies to promote growth in individuals, classrooms, buildings, and districts.
The Art of coaching: Effective strategies for school transformation. (2013)
- From rationale to exploring the skills for transformative coaching practices, this information will appeal to the beginning coach and someone experienced at being in the coaching role.
Appreciative inquiry handbook: For leaders of change. (2008)
- Learn the essential elements of appreciative inquiry; a process that promotes change using a process that focuses on discovery, dream, design, & destiny.
Mentoring Matters: A Practical Guide to Learning-Focused Relationships, 2nd Ed. (2003)
There's a difference between coaching and mentoring, but many of the skills are the same. This guide offers structures, strategies and tools for developing expertise in teaching. Tips for maximizing time and attention, an extensive resource section, and black line masters to support developmental interactions make this book a good reference for mentors.
The Power of appreciative Inquiry: A Practical guide to positive change (2010)
- Learn to generate organizational change that dramatically improves performance by encouraging people to study, discuss, learn from, and build on strengths and effective systems.
Edutopia's Instructional Coaching
- Discussions, videos, and articles explore coaching in the field of education
Instructional Coaching Group
- Review presentations, download forms, and consider current blogs that relate to coaching; "The Instructional Coaching Group is committed to one goal: That every student receives excellent instruction, every day, in every class."
- Site dedicated to emotional intelligence; includes resources, a free eBook, videos and other information
TASN ATBS Calling all Coaches Newsletters