Where to find resources on mindfulness:
- Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley
- Greater Good in Action from the Greater Good Science Center
- Be You Australian Department of Health
Mindfulness and Yoga for Students
- Just Breathe | Video from Mindful Schools
- Mindfulness and the Brain - How to Explain It to Kids from Blissful Kids | Offers great visuals for both students and adults on the benefits of mindfulness.
- Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck by Lisa Flynn | Deck of 67 cards that feature classroom yoga and mindfulness activities.
Mindfulness for Adults
School Models and Curriculum
Where to find programs and curriculum on the topic of mindfulness:
- Learning to Breathe by Patricia C. Broderick, Ph.D. | Mindfulness Curriculum for Adolescents
- Mindful Schools
- MindUP from The Hawn Foundation
Peace in Schools | Portland, Oregon based program
- Online course available for educators, parents, and others who work with youth
- Smiling Mind | Age-specific and Mindfulness in the Classroom programs
- Wellness Works in Schools
Where to find information and resources on staff well-being:
- Professional Quality of Life Elements Theory and Measurement | Find access to the Professional Quality of Life Scale (ProQOL) and other information.
- Self-Care Starter Kit from the School of Social Work at the University at Buffalo | Includes information, activities, and resources for use in developing a self-care plan.
- School Employee Wellness (includes Wellness Webinar Series) | Thriving Schools
- Teacher Stress and Health: Effects on Teachers, Students, and Schools | PennState and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
This information is intended for educational purposes only, and is not intended to take the place of informed professional diagnosis, advice, or recommendations. The KSDE TASN SMHI assumes no liability for errors or for the way in which this information is used.