This course, which runs from January 13 to March 2, 2020, is designed for teachers who aspire to incorporate intrapersonal competency development (i.e., self-efficacy) within daily instruction, either in core content or other applicable areas. Through this course, educators will be provided the knowledge, resources and experience necessary to learn and apply self-efficacy development practices to teaching in any content area.
At the end of the course, educators will be able to:
• outline and differentiate between the two main components of self-efficacy;
• describe the Competency Framework to a colleague;
• develop an instructional plan to teach self-efficacy, relating the content to class content;
• select effective methods to monitor student learning and practice of self-efficacy;
• implement instruction and guided practice of self-efficacy within class content; and
• assess quality self-efficacy instruction and student impact.
Textbook/Materials: Materials for the class include free resources available at cccframework.org. Each participant will be provided with the required book: Noonan, P.M., & Gaumer Erickson, A.S. (2018). The skills that matter: Teaching interpersonal and intrapersonal competencies in any classroom. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
Week 1: Learn About Self-Efficacy
Week 2: Explore Self-Efficacy Instructional Ideas
Week 3: Plan Your Self-Efficacy Instruction
Weeks 4-6: Provide Self-Efficacy Instruction
Week 7: Reflect on Your Self-Efficacy Instruction
Continuing Education Credit
60-100% = Satisfactory
0-59% = Unsatisfactory
Graduate Grades (Baker University)
90-100% = A
80-89% = B
70-79% = C
The course fee is $65.
Registration may be cancelled up to 14 days prior to the event for a full refund. Cancellations received within 14 days of the event will not be refunded. No-show registrations will also not be refunded.
Would you like to be notified about events like this in the future?
January 13, 2020 from 10:00 to 10:01 am
Course extends through 03/02/2020.
20.0 Professional Learning Contact Hours
|Provider||Kansans Can Competency Framework|
Amy Gaumer Erickson & Pattie Noonan
Competency Framework Trainers
|iCal||Download as iCal|