During this intensive, three-day boot camp, participants will receive hands on instruction and practice on key instructional protocols that are designed to address the core deficits of autism including the development of verbal skills, flexible responding and appropriate social interactions. Participants will be tested out on specific protocols, which will include errorless teaching, error correction procedures, and data collection. Boot camp training will also include information on specific systems necessary for effective school-based programming, including how to schedule instruction, organization of materials, ongoing training of staff and data-based decision making. While the intensive teaching program taught in this training is designed to meet the unique needs of learners on the autism spectrum, it is also beneficial for students who demonstrate negative behaviors due to a lack of functional language skills.
Online webinar and 3-day in person training
1. ABC Analysis/Discrete Trials: All interventions taught are based on an operant analysis
2. Verbal Operants: Knowledge is basis for teaching language.
3. Errorless Teaching, Error Correction
4. Errorless and Error Correction Procedures: These procedures have wide applicability and are part of operant training.
5. Card Sort: This set of skills provides a good general case description of materials and data organization
6. Data System: Cold probes and graphing made simple
7. Organization: Data systems, materials, schedules and more!
8. Use of VB-MAPP: Assessment and Curriculum for teaching language and other skills.
This event is approved for Type 2 continuing education units for BCaBAs and BCBAsby the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. A total of 18 CEUs will be offered for this event. For further information, contact Peggy VonFeldt, firstname.lastname@example.org. The content for this event is considered intermediate/advanced.
Approved for 19.5 continuing education clock hours for Kansas licensed Speech-Language Pathologistsby the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
Would you like to be notified about events like this in the future?
July 09, 2019 at 8:00 am - July 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Check In at 7:30 AM
Must attend the whole time all 3 days and not leave early to receive CEs.
Meet In Person
18.0 Professional Learning Contact Hours
|Provider||Autism and Tertiary Behavior Supports|
Stacey Martin, MA, BCBA, LBA, Pam Scharping, M.Ed., BCBA, LBA, Melissa Woods, and Peggy VonFeldt, MA, BCBA, LBA
|iCal||Download as iCal|
The Learning Center
150 Stewart , Haysville, KS 67060
The Learning Center