All day, in-person training at the Bishop Professional Development Center in Topkea, KS
This course is required for all TASN funding recipients and highly encouraged for other new teachers.
Check in at 8:00, event begins at 8:30am and ends at 3:00pm
Working lunch. More to come on lunch options as it gets closer to the course.
- Understand the purpose & foundations of the LMA
- Understand guiding legislation & policies regarding print media and accessibility
- Learn how to take data regarding reading speed and accuracy as it relates to students with visual impairment
- List factors to consider when determining appropriate learning media & literacy
- Improve skill level and confidence in conducting a Learning Media Assessment
- List ways to monitor student progress & conduct ongoing assessments with students
Registration may be cancelled up to 14 days prior to the event for a full refund. Cancellations received within 14 days of the event will not be refunded. No-show registrations will also not be refunded.
DATE & TIME
November 09, 2023 from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Bishop Professional Development Center
3601 SW 31st Street, Topeka, Kansas 66614
Meet In Person
8.0 Professional Learning Contact Hours
Kansas Teachers of Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired and Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists Preparation and Mentorship
Anna Cyr and Pam Arbeiter