LETRS Facilitator Training
LETRS and LETRS for Early Childhood Educators
Sponsored by Kansas TASN
Become a LETRS® Facilitator to support your district in building a sustainable model in the use of LETRS or LETRS for Early Childhood Educators professional development for years to come. The Facilitator is an individual with a deep understanding of the content and a commitment to become an expert in the research and evidence-based theories of LETRS/LETRS for Early Childhood Educators. This individual will facilitate face-to-face workshops aligned to each unit, facilitate Professional Learning Communities, answer questions from participants, and review participants’ online data to determine if gaps in conceptual understanding exist that need to be addressed in a customized workshop. Download the LETRS Facilitator Role flyer here
Space is limited to 25 participants in each training.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Attendees at this session must meet eligibility requirements listed below.
- Complete the online content for all Units covered in training (EC, 1-4 or 5-8).
- Pass the end-of-course exam with a score of 90% or better. Must be completed by April 30, 2020.
- Following training, sign a Statement of Commitment with Voyager Sopris annually.
- To remain certified, purchase the annual license from Voyager Sopris and complete a minimum of eight sessions of ongoing professional development offered by Voyager Sopris annually starting the year following Facilitator Training.
- Remain employed or contracted by a Kansas education agency/early chilhood agency.
For more information about LETRS and LETRS for Early Childhood Educators online courses and to purchase visit the Voyager Sopris website for LETRS here or contact the Kansas Sales Representative Robyn Rogers
HOW IS THE TRAINING ORGANIZED?
Facilitator candidates will learn how to:
- Use the Facilitator's Guide and other resources to facilitate face-to-face sessions, PLCs, and group meetings when supporting teachers as they progress through each of the four units
- Determine and communicate an implementation model and schedule for participants
- Monitor and report course progress at the individual, school, and district level
- Provide ongoing support to participants using suggested resources and tools
For any individual from a Kansas educational agency the facilitator training and facilitator materials are free of charge paid for by KSDE TASN.
LETRS for Early Childhood Educators (Trainer: Dr. Lucy Hart-Paulson CCC-SLP) June 2-5, 2020 [free] - Register Here
LETRS Units 1-4 (Trainer: Dr. Carol Tolman) June 2-5, 2020 [free] - Register Here
Anticipated Future Training Opportunities
If there is sufficient interest, these three trainings will be offered annually in Kansas. Please register interest so we can determine need and locations to schedule future trainings. It is not necessary to wait for training event to complete online course. The course may be completed any time prior to the facilitator training.
LETRS for Early Childhood Educators - Summer 2021
LETRS Units 1-4 - Summer 2021
LETRS Units 5-8 - Summer 2021
Complete this form to indicate interest in future LETRS Facilitator Training opportunities