LETRS Facilitator Training
LETRS and LETRS for Early Childhood Educators
Sponsored by Kansas TASN
Become a LETRS® Facilitator to support your district in building a sustainable model in the use of LETRS or LETRS for Early Childhood Educators professional development for years to come. The Facilitator is an individual with a deep understanding of the content and a commitment to become an expert in the research and evidence-based theories of LETRS/LETRS for Early Childhood Educators. This individual will facilitate face-to-face workshops aligned to each unit, facilitate Professional Learning Communities, answer questions from participants, and review participants’ online data to determine if gaps in conceptual understanding exist that need to be addressed in a customized workshop. Download the LETRS Facilitator Role flyer here
Space is limited to 25 participants in each training.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Attendees at this session must meet eligibility requirements listed below.
- Complete the online content for all Units covered in training (EC, 1-4 or 5-8).
- Pass the end-of-course exam with a score of 90% or better.
- Following training, sign a Statement of Commitment with Voyager Sopris annually.
- To remain certified, purchase the annual license from Voyager Sopris and complete a minimum of eight sessions of ongoing professional development offered by Voyager Sopris annually starting the year following Facilitator Training.
- Remain employed or contracted by the sponsoring agency.
For more information about LETRS and LETRS for Early Childhood Educators online courses and to purchase visit the Voyager Sopris website for LETRS here.
HOW IS THE TRAINING ORGANIZED?
Facilitator candidates will learn how to:
- Use the Facilitator's Guide and other resources to facilitate face-to-face sessions, PLCs, and group meetings when supporting teachers as they progress through each of the four units
- Determine and communicate an implementation model and schedule for participants
- Monitor and report course progress at the individual, school, and district level
- Provide ongoing support to participants using suggested resources and tools
For any individual from a Kansas educational agency the facilitator training and facilitator materials are free of charge paid for by KSDE TASN.
Individuals from outside Kansas may attend if space permits. The training registration fee is payable only by credit card at time of registration for the facilitator training and facilitator materials is:
Kansas Education Agencies
Kansas Agency LETRS for Early Childhood Educators (Trainer: Dr. Lucy Hart-Paulson CCC-SLP) [Wichita, KS] December 10-11, 2019 [free] - space is limited email Kevin Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) about availability.
Kansas Agency LETRS for Early Childhood Educators (Trainer: Dr. Lucy Hart-Paulson CCC-SLP) June 2-3, 2020 [free] - Register Here
Kansas Agency LETRS Units 1-4 (Trainer: Dr. Carol Tolman) June 2-5, 2020 [free] - Register Here
Out-of-State LETRS for Early Childhood Educators December 10-11, 2019 Wichita, KS [$1,000] - Request Information
Out-of-State LETRS for Early Childhood Educators June 2-3, 2020 [$1,000] - Request Information
Out-of-State LETRS Units 1-4 June 2-5, 2020 [$2,000] - Request Information