Resources regarding adult roles and responsibilities to support transition age students with autism and developmental disabilities.
- Promoting Internet Safety Among Users with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Transitions: From the Comfort Zone to the Unknown- Five Resources for a Smooth(er) Transition to Independence
- This article contains resources to support independence as well as a transition planning webinar.
A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- US Department of Education guide to transition planning, services, requirements, education, employment, and preparation for adult life.
- Autism Speaks: Preparing for Postsecondary Education Guide
Charting the LifeCourse videos and resources
- Developed by the University of Missouri-Kansas City Institute for Human Development these six short video modules introduce students and their supporters to “questions to ask, things to do, and resources that can help lead them to a job, career, volunteering, college or continuing education, and ultimately, the lives they want.” Resources also include an employment guide and an employment portfolio.
- Want information to share with potential employers? Ideas to share on creating an accessible workplace? Want to know what employers who are "getting it right" are doing? This comprehensive resource offers valuable information on a range of topics on recruiting, hiring, training, and retaining individuals with disabilities.
- Learn more about the guiding principals, strategies, and success stories of this program.
- Finding Your Way: A College Guide for Students on the Spectrum
Skills to Pay the Bills: Mastering Soft Skills for Workplace Success
- Curriculum developed by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability and Employment policy to teach youth with and without disabilities soft or workplace readiness skills.
Skills to Pay the Bills supplemental videos
- Videos to supplement the Skills to Pay the Bills curriculum.
- Teaching Networking Skills: Paving a Way to Jobs and Careers (Teacher Manual)
What Can YOU Do?
- The site detailing a movement to support employment for individuals with disabilities. Videos, discussion guides, and public service announcement posters are just a few of the resources available here.
Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas
- Resource for jobs seekers and employers
- Working in the Community: A Guide for Employers of Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Job Accommodation Network
- The leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues. Working toward practical solutions that benefit both employer and employee, JAN helps people with disabilities enhance their employability, and shows employers how to capitalize on the value and talent that people with disabilities add to the workplace.
National Parent Center on Transition and Employment
- Parent tips for supporting success in high school and beyond.